Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why I Am Homeschooling



I am homeschooling for 24 days already. My mom said that's a little more than 3 weeks since the start of November.

I am homeschooling because I have to wear this appliance that will push back my chin. If my chin doesn't get pushed back, I will look like a witch with a long, long, long chin. These are my subjects: Devotions, English, Math, Filipino, and Science. My teacher mom teaches me.

I'm sure God has a reason my chin is like this.

Before, my dentist's (#1) clinic was far, far away from my house. So my parents looked for a dentist near our house.

They found a dentist who is the dentist of my cousins. Then this dentist (#2) checked my teeth and my jaw. Then she saw that I needed a Facemask.

We went to another dentist for a second opinion. That dentist (#3) is the dad of my ballet classmate. He said I needed a Chin cup, not a Facemask! We didn't know what I am supposed to have because they said different things!

So we looked for a third opinion. We went back to that dentist (#1 again) who has a clinic so far away from our house. She said a Chin cup is more painful than a Facemask. And what I need is a Facemask.

But we prayed a lot so that God will help us not get confused. So Facemask it is!!! We asked God for the right answer. And we got it!!

I think God made my chin like this so we can have a very special dentist: The one who said I needed a Facemask is also a Christian! She goes to the same church where we go to.

God is really good!!!

I will post another entry again when I get my Facemask. See you again!!!

P.S. If you want to know more about what is happening to my jawbone, please go to my mom's blog. She knows how to explain it well. Just click this: STORIES FROM MY GARDEN.


4 comments:

  1. Hi there dancing queen Gina!
    Well, you really look very serious while writing for your homeschooling.
    Yes, you are right God has a purpose for making you be treated by another Christian and help you make you look cuter when your jaw is in its right place. And like I said, you are very strong and brave, but God will make it easier for you in the days to come to be able to get used to the mask. Don't mind people who may see you. But I know that you will be all right after your treatment!

    Stay happy and remember that we all love you!

    Oh, I like your blogs really! I always visit it everyday!

    Take a photo when your christmas tree is already put up, decorated and lit! OK?

    Love,
    Lola L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    Thank you for sharing your story about your new facemask. I saw the details in your mom's blog. You are so brave to be sitting on the dentist chair and with a smile. Yes, God is so good. He provided you everything you need to correct some medical problem. I laugh when you said you "will look like a witch with a long long chin". You have a good sense of humor.
    Welcome to homeschooling. Naomi was glad to hear this news. I hope you enjoy your new schedule. We will be praying for you as you adjust. It must be hard to wear that face mask but I know you can handle it well because you are a brave girl. You look very very special with the facemask on. I wonder how many more children have that same case but never corrected. You are blessed to have a family who loves and cares for you. I know of a family whose 4 children have the same problem. They all wear facemasks to school and they were laughed at because the facemasks before (1990's) were big and heavy, not like the one you have now, light and looks pretty on you. It's sad because homeschooling was not available for them at that time. But they survived the years of ridicule. Now they are beautiful grown-up people.

    God bless you, Gina.

    Love and prayers,
    Tita Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I cant wait to be so much cuter! Ok Lola! I will take a picture of the christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tita Ruth!

    I cried a bit when the dentist put it on. I had a hard time talking and swallowing.

    I was also happy when I heard I am gonna homeschool. My big brother homeschooled when he was in Grade 4.

    Yeah, It's a good thing I dont have a big and heavy Facemask. It will be harder for me.

    I am praying that God will make things easier for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your kind comments!